Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Forty four degrees in Ryde, NSW

Yesterday was the hottest I experienced since I arrived in the city of Ryde, just west of Sydney, early in 1990. After church, I spent the rest of the day in close contact with a faithful electric fan until I retired to bed to spend the night spread-eagled like an expiring star-fish. I never knew air could be so hot. I thought of those who have limited excess to power and water supplies and wonder what will happen as climate change continues and climate change affects and limits all our lives.

We really must find ways of being better stewards with the resources we have, for we can never take energy for granted and need to explore and invest in suitable alternative energy resources like solar energy, for example before we run out of oil.

When it is 44 degrees one can do little but think, and drain my late father-in-law's Warragamba Dam just that little bit more.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris. I am a friend of Kay Lewis and was staying with her 2005 Christmas and read your round robin. She copied it to me this year, hope your teeth are better!Is the United Church the same as united Reform, formerly Congregational? Hope you are survivng the heat, it is strange to think it is 30 below in Moscow!Kay is pleased with the safe arrival of the twins.

    ReplyDelete